Seek Out For More

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Today was a good day...

Six Reasons Why

1. Got to work from home
2. Awesome Parent/Teacher Conference with the best 2nd grade teacher eva! My son is doing a good job and is third grade bound! whoopee!
3. Voted and dragged my hubby and youngest son along -- to help him learn the importance of his voice
4. Home early
5. Dinner already done (and eaten lol)
6. Close folded and put up (this weekend will be a breeze!)

So one of my favorite things to do is learn about politics, when I was little I dreamed my own dream. I was so determined to attend Morehouse College and constantly told my mother and grandparents that Dr. MLK Jr died in the 80's not the 60's. I can even remember running to that table that had ALL the JET magazines on it, to my dismay I learned that they were correct.

Another note sad face worthy was umm...You mean I CANNOT attend Morehouse College?? Where do they do that at. LOL. Anyhow, I was determined to be a civil rights activist. Not sure where that passion for that went to now that I think of it? Aaah maybe it didn't deeply rooted in me is a passion to make a change, just still searching for my place.

Kind of ironic is that my 7 year old has a similar wish -- his Christmas list included the following: suit & ties, brief case, and files. He is a go getter for sure and I want to feed that passion. So his list was fulfilled, all of these materials are necessary for him to become a lawyer. So this summer I have promised to take him to a court proceeding so he can really get excited and I can continue to feed him. Grand idea, right?

So sometimes I guess dreams do not just end with you they continue to flourish. We as parents from what I have learned need to feed as much as possible into our children. But not just feed but make sure they eat all the veggies and meat. Potential not crafted creates a lost child. You might loose yours but that's not the end of it. I guess I'll live through my baby boy .. not healthy either huh? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment