Seek Out For More

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pinterest Attempt #5: The Ornament Wreath

This next attempt is the Christmas wreath made with ornaments. Now, after the rehabbed dresser it was refreshing to attempt something that was not so daunting. 

The tutorial was found on Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour. You can also find some other grand ornament ideas on StudioDIY.

Changes I made
$9.99 ornament pack found at Garden Ridge (Walmart the same amount at $15.00 - too much)
No hot glue needed (funny story about this one) 

So, as always when I get a grand idea I want to start it immediately  In most cases I move far to fast and forget something, miss a step, or like last time paint my darn carpet. This time was no different. So, I rushed to Hobby Lobby to purchase my hot glue gun - surprisingly Walmart did not even have any in the craft section. Not sure what that is all about. Anyhow, I had my crew with me (great idea right!?) a cranky 3 month old, a son in walking boots, and a pre-teen with a lack of patience. So, I let them follow me swiftly to the right section and found my one item -- the glue gun. 

I get in the car hand General the package and make my way home. When arrived home, after giving my baby boy a healthy serving of milk, I took all the items out I looked at the packages and low and behold....it was a Glue Gun HOLDER. Poor me. My lovely child General replied, "I was wondering why you only bought a stand without the glue gun." Thanks child!

Great news though, I bought awesome ornaments that were securely attached all together already so I did not need an glue gun. #Winning

Also, mine had a huge gap or as 2 Chainz says....the ceiling was missing. LOL  So, I added a bow (yes, another trip to Garden Ridge -- I'm not complaining)

Bonus: My hubby found spray paint -- red spray paint and went crazy. So I had the opportunity to dress up our mailbox too!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!








No comments:

Post a Comment