Seek Out For More

Friday, December 27, 2013

Weekly Rant: How Rude!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their family and close friends. Mine went well -- I'll admit I'm new to this whole Christmas thing. No, no, no...I'm not an alien or atheist. We'll have to discuss more of THAT at another time. Till then, here is my weekly rant ---- How Rude!!

Okay, I'm from the old-school I guess. My grandmother and especially my grandfather were built on respect -- this passed down to my mother then ME! Its simple really if you think about it, you learn it as a child but why do adults grow up and forget???? Maybe they need to watch another episode of Barney!

Simple Rules: 
1. Say please and thank you
2. Acknowledge someone when you walk into a room
3. Share
4. Be kind

I mean we all know them. But the one that REALLY ticks me is ACKNOWLEDGE SOMEONE WHEN YOU WALK INTO A ROOM. I've had family members and have witnessed times where people just walk right past you without saying hello. And hey this isn't just me, my son had a recent lesson in this form of respect by my uncle -- to our family maybe not to everyone's its kind of a slap in the face.

What's funny is that this SAME thing happened to my son. He walks into an event and a person who he loves dearly-- says NOTHING to him the entire time. Not a hi, tip of the head, hug nothing. Now, if I was my son I would have said something if they hadn't, but he didn't. His feelings were totally hurt. 

People really need to understand the power of acknowledging someone -- saying hello is simple but it is also adding value to that person. You are making a deposit in their life just by acknowledging their existence. 

Eye contact = Hi! Hello! How are you! or a SMILE

So starting today, make a tiny deposit into someone's life -- its Free! 

So please share, what is your weekly rant or do you agree/disagree with my rant?

No comments:

Post a Comment